12 Aug

Good morning!! I am usually not a Monday person. In fact, I loathe them. I love the weekends so much and cherish the time I get to spend with Ryan and our friends/family that Monday always makes me sad. In order to counteract those feelings, I try to think of Monday as a chance to “reset” myself. I let myself indulge over the weekends (think pizza and beer), so I use Monday as an opportunity to get back into my routine of exercise and healthy eating. Whatever works!

Backing up to this weekend, I feel like Ryan and I jammed a ton of things into two days. When I moved in with Ryan in May, I packed up everything in my apartment at IU except my bed, desk, dresser, and a few other odds and ends. So, this weekend was the last possible chance I had to go down there and pick up my furniture and clean my place before management did a move-out inspection. I’ve been dreading this task because moving turns me into a monster. It would probably be safer for everyone if I could just move alone. But since I can’t carry furniture by myself, people are always enlisted to help me, and the day always ends with me apologizing for being a moving Nazi :).

Our plans were to drive down to IU Saturday morning, move all my stuff, and then stay the night at my parents’ house with my sister and niece for fun. Even though Ryan and I had a long day ahead of us on Saturday, we decided to go out with some friends on Friday. We met up with them at a bar downtown for a drink to celebrate our friend’s birthday and ended up staying to eat dinner. We were having an awesome time until some woman at the bar decided to play Sarah McLachlan’s “Arms of the Angel.” I don’t know about you guys, but that is THE most depressing song on the planet. Sarah McLachlan does animal cruelty commercial’s for the ASPCA, which I think is awesome, but the commercials always involve that song playing in the background while pictures of abused animals are being shown.… Watch it at your own risk.

Anyways, the night ended with us stopping by my favorite Irish pub for a beer because there was live music. But the best part of the evening was looking over and recognizing the band Switchfoot next to us.


For some reason, I immediately freaked out even though I haven’t listened to Switchfoot since the Walk to Remember soundtrack came out. What  can I say? It was my first celebrity sighting 🙂

The rest of the weekend was not that exciting. We woke up Saturday and drove to my parents’ house to drop off the pup and then made it to Bloomington around 1:30 pm. As the official moving Nazi, you would think that I would have called my apartment ahead of time to figure out how to dispose of my bed and desk, but… I neglected to do so. I just assumed there would be a dumpster at my apartment to throw them out. Oops :). Turns out there is no dumpster, only a trash chute. Luckily, Ryan wasn’t too hard on me (I promised him beer after), so we found someone to take my furniture and were out of my apartment in two hours. After a beer at a local brewery, we headed back to my parents’ house to spend the night with my sister and niece. We woke up Sunday morning, and after a quick tea party with my niece and Lily, Ryan and I went to Crate and Barrel to register for our wedding!

Registering was way harder than I thought it would be. In the words of Ryan, “we are going to eat off of these plates forever! This is a big decision!” Luckily, we made it out of there with some really great stuff on our registry. I can’t wait!!

And that brings us to this morning. I’ve decided to start training for a half-marathon that’s in November, and since I’m a little nervous about it, I’ve already started training even though it’s still 2.5 months away. Since I didn’t get to do my long run yesterday, I woke up early this morning and completed 6 miles in 51 minutes. I think I could have done it in under 50 minutes, but I think I should start eating something before running anything over 5 miles. I started to feel really drained after about 4.5 miles. Lesson learned! But after a quick egg sandwich on a cinnamon bagel thin and a banana, I was out the door to work! It’s my last week of work for the summer, so I better get to it. Happy Monday!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: